function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
new sivanew siva 

Access to Custom object records with platform license

Can users with platform License see child of Opportunity, with MD relationship, opportunity on Master side and this custom object being on Detail side?
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Siva,

Sorry for this issue you are facing.

Users with a Salesforce Platform license have access to the below standard objects (plus custom objects).

They would be able to see the lookup field (if displayed on the page layout) but they wouldn't be able to access any of the User records since they don't have access to the User object. Any searches they do using the magnifying glass icon next to that field would return no results.

You can reference this article for more information on license types: 
- Accounts
- Chatter
- Contacts
- Dashboards
- Documents
- Files
- Groups
- Ideas
- People
- Reports

Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
new sivanew siva
Thanks for the response. In my case, Parent: Opportunity. Child: Custom Object with MD relationship. Can the user with Platform License see the Custom object records, as security for child record will always be controlled by parent. And in this case, the user cannot see parent as he is having Platform license.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
As the user is having platform license where he is not able to access the parent(opportunity) object then he will not be able to access the child(custom object) even though they are in master-detail relation.

Thanks,
Nagendra
popspops
I have a similar question. I have a custom object that is a child of both the opportunity and the contact objects. The custom object also contains formula fields derived from opportunity and contact fields. Can I see this object since it is a child of Contact which the platform license provides access to and if so, would I be able to view the opportunity derived fields?