function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Serena SchultzSerena Schultz 

All customer portal users public group not working as Approval Process Initial Submitter

I have a NEW ORG and a SANDBOX which both have Customer Communities. The user settings, permissions, sharing sets, etc. are all the same (as far as I can tell). The only difference is that the the SANDBOX community is live, and the NEW ORG community is still in preview. In both communities I need to allow community users to submit a record for approval.

It seems like in the NEW ORG, even though I've created a “All Customer Portal Users” public group and set the Approval Process to allow all users in that group to submit, community users cannot submit unless I specifically add their user to the list of users who can submit for approval (not ideal).

Again, the approval process setup is exactly the same in the NEW ORG and in SANDBOX (where community users are able to submit), except for the fact that I've not yet set the community in the NEW ORG to active - it's still in preview.

I can't find any documentation confirming if the state of the community would make any difference in this way, but I'm really confused at why users aren't able to submit for approval unless their specifically added to the Approval Process. Anyone have ideas?