function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Matt CasonMatt Cason 

Populate Account Index Field with Calendar Event Start Date

I have been tasked with something from management and am stumped.  We have a process in place for our sales reps when scheduling QBR's (Quarterly Business Reviews) in outlook to have certain words in the subject and their calendar sync's with Linkpoint that it creates a Calendar Event.  That is all working fine.  From here is where I am stuck, I need to have a field on the account page and populate it with the value of that events start date.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do this.  I tried building a new field as a formula but I don't have access to the activities fields. Is it possible to use the values of event fields to populate other fields?  The event is associated with the contact and the contact is associated with the account.  Thanks in advance. 
Suraj PSuraj P
Did you try this using Process Builder? Create a Process on the Event SObject and populate the date field on the related Account.
Matt CasonMatt Cason
I have not. I haven't really worked with Process Builder much, but will take a look at it to see if I can figure out how to do this. 
Matt CasonMatt Cason
I have played around with the Process Builder and cannot seem to get it to work.  Does anyone have any good instructions or tips on how to set this up in there?  I wouldn't think it would be so complicated to do something like this but I find myself saying that about a lot of Salesforce stuff.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!