function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mark ProutyMark Prouty 

How do I connect Microsoft Access with Office 365 to Salesforce?

I am trying to connect Microsoft Access (from Office 365) to salesforce.  I have followed the instructions in the following link:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/link-to-or-import-data-from-salesforce-7375ffb6-1d6a-46f1-bb0c-c6ac3c58f5a0

When I attempt to link a new table to Salesforce, I use my credentials in the Connect to Salesforce login.  Then I get a linked tables dialog, in which all the Salesforce objects are listed.  I choose one, then get the following error:

The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object MyOrg..Pricebook2.  Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly.  If MyOrg..Pricebook2 is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator

I have enabled the Use Any API Client permission for myself.  However, in the Connected App persmissions, I haven't been able to find anything I can identify as what Microsoft Access is using.  This might be a clue.

Thanks for anyone's help!
Christian ShearerChristian Shearer
Mark, 

Did you ever find an outside resolution to this issue? 
John Taylor 39John Taylor 39
Sorry for Necro-ing an old thread; but I have the exact same issue.  Does anyone know what is causing this?
Christian ShearerChristian Shearer
My issue for this ended up being related to the EXACT 365 license...it must be Office 365 ProPlus, Office 365 Enterprise E3 or Office 365 Enterprise E5. AND!!!! check your object/field labels....I edited mine until I found what worked (this is based on Access's issues, not SF) 
Mark ProutyMark Prouty
I did find the answer.  In my case, our Organization Name ended in a period.  This was throwing off the object name parser between Access and Salesforce.  I just removed the ending period in the Organization Name (Under Setup / Company Profile / Company Information) and it worked.
Guys!  Thank you so much for fast replies!!!!  

Christian - we have Office 365 ProPlus.  Thanks for calling that out.

Both of you referenced changing the object/field labels, but I'm not certain how to do this.  Maybe you can advise further: (?)

When I click 'New Data source - From Online Services - Salesforce', I am prompted for my ID, Password, and Token.

After entering that, I am promted with radio buttons to either 'Import' or 'Link'.  I'm sure you're familiar with this.

I want a Link, so I select that, after which I am prompted with a box labeled 'Link Tables' with a full list of what appears to be every object in our Salesforce instance.

I only have the ability to make selections here and click ok; I don't see the ability to edit any of the names.

Any advice you can give would be very helpful!
Mark ProutyMark Prouty
That is exactly what I saw as well.  However, in the dialog box listing the objects I could link to, they were like: MyOrg..Product2.  The two periods was the key problem.  When I changed the Organization Name as I mentioned above from MyOrg. to MyOrg it worked fine
Thanks Mark - Can you direct me 'where' specifically you were able to make that change to your org name?  I see our org name with two periods too.  Is that something I change in Access somewhere?
Mark ProutyMark Prouty
That is done in Salesforce.  Go to Setup / Company Profile / Company Information and you will see the Organization Name at the top.  You might need administrator rights for your org.
Mark - Found it!  Thanks for the directions.  

I don't have the ability to make this change for my company.  Do you know what other implications this may have?  We are not a small company ~1500 employees, so we have existing things that may be set up elsewhere which I am not aware of.

I got an email notification of your response Katrina, and was glad you found success.  Unfortunately, I can't edit our company name and we likely won't change it for this simple request since there may be impacts to other systems/solutions.

I really wish Microsoft would provide an update to Access to it would parse correctly despite the ending period after a company name.  It is VERY popular that companies conclude their naming conventions with a period; CompanyName Inc.  etc.

If anyone is aware of how I can provide feedback to the MS Access developer teams at Microsoft (maybe a forum or bug submission form), please let me know.

System Integration 51System Integration 51
Any success in trying to the developer team working on the SalesForce connector at Microsoft? I have found a serious bug in latest release of Access (and Salesforce connector), Up to now I have not been able to even open a case with Microsoft (getting send from one team to the other on the phone in circles...)
shreya Sharma 42shreya Sharma 42
If you are a window 10 user you facing the issue how to fix connections for bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays in windows 10 (http://fixwindows10connections.com) then friends you use this web link and get the solution.