function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Krish NKrish N 

Approver unable to edit the assigned record

Hello,
I've a three level approval process. When I initially submit a record to level 1, level 1 approver checks the record and approves it to level 2, during the  level 2 approval process, assigned approver inputs details in the fields of assigned visualforce record which are required for level 3 approver. However, during the level 2 process, the assigned approver was only able to edit the record once. If he tries to edit the record again (before approving it to level 3), it says insufficient privilage. This issue is really getting on my nerves. I would really appreciate if any one can help me. I've given the necessary view/edit permissions, record editablity for all concerned approvers but I'm only able to edit/save the record once. It's the same issue with all the approvers. 
Krish NKrish N
Any help guys
UjwalaUjwala
Hi  shashank,

you can check..

after filling data record may go for 3rd approval? hence approval not able to access record??
have you given visualforce page access to all approver?? 

Krish NKrish N
Hello Ujwala, 

When the level 2 approver fill the details in the fields of the vf page for the first time during approval process, it gets saved. When he tries to edit the visualforce page again (he's still the assigned approver), it says, insufficient privileges. Our business functionality is in such a way that, the level 2 approver won't have sufficient information for all the fields during the first time (let's say he has to input 10 fields to send it to level 3), he inputs few fields (1-5 fields) and saves, then again, later next day, he inputs the details in other fields (6-10), saves and then it shuld be send to level 3 approver. When he edits the page to input 6-10 fields during the second time, it says insufficient privelages.  All the approvers have been granted access to the visualforce page and has edit access for the assigned approver.