function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Linked2MarkLinked2Mark 

Third Lookup field to User on Contact not allowed

The Contact object already has two lookup fields to User: Created By and Owner. I would like to add a third that will be used to indicate responsibility for for marketing activities.  In other words, a Contact will be owned by someone - someone who is a field based salesperson - yet will have someone who is assigned from the Inside Sales team to communicate with the Contact for other issues. Looks like I am unable to do that because adding the lookup would be a third lookup to the User object.

I can use a junction object but that will make things significantly more complicated. Does anyone have a workaround or idea to make this work? Am I missing something?
Nathan EhrmannNathan Ehrmann
Hmmm, the only documentation I find states that an object is limited to 25 Custom Lookup Fields in general. I tested this out in a dev org and had no trouble adding additional Lookups from Contact to User, as long as they had unique API names. What edition is this in?
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Its not an issue with the number of field .. on any object you can have 25 looks and 2 masters .. 

Its related to editins whihc you are using or there might be a some sort of metadata code that is limiting this 
PreyankaPreyanka
You can able to create lookup more than 2 on Contact Object to User Object. LastModifiedBy is lookup to user present in Contact object.

Could you please let us know what is the edition you are using.