function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chie MenChie Men 

When is the field history shown in the FieldHistoryArchive object?

I have read in Field Audit Trail that "Field history copied from the History related list into the FieldHistoryArchive object". When does this happen? Does it depends on the HistoryRetentionPolicy?

Similar question:

I have set the HistoryRetentionPolicy of my Case object to
    <archiveAfterMonths>1</archiveAfterMonths>
    <archiveRetentionYears>5</archiveRetentionYears>

In the Case Fields, I enabled Track Old and New values to Case Origin and Case Reason. Then I modified the values of the said fields.

I then queried the FieldHistoryArchive but I did not see these fields. Will I see the modified fields in the FieldHistoryArchive after 1 month as defined in the History Retention Policy?

Thank you.
Best Answer chosen by Chie Men
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Yes .. it will be avaibale after one month .. 

HistoryRetentionPolicy Represents the policy for retaining field history data. By setting a policy, you can specify the number of months you want to maintain field history in Salesforce and the number of years that you want to retain field history in the archive.

All Answers

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Yes .. it will be avaibale after one month .. 

HistoryRetentionPolicy Represents the policy for retaining field history data. By setting a policy, you can specify the number of months you want to maintain field history in Salesforce and the number of years that you want to retain field history in the archive.
This was selected as the best answer
Chie MenChie Men
Hi, Raj V.

Few questions:

If I set the retention policy today, Aug 8, and I set archiveAfterMonths to 1, will the retetion period effective today? So the changes will be archived on Sep 8?

Also, for example in my Case object, I did not select the fields I want to track on the Support Request History related list  but I still define or deploy the Case object retention policy.  Will the retention policy has bearing since I did not set the field to be track? Will I be able to see any Case fields in the FieldHistoryArchive?

Thank you.