function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chie MenChie Men 

Can I deploy Platform Encryption and Field Audit Trail to another sandbox using Change Set?

Hi, I need to do Platform Encryption and Field Audit Trail in some of my Standard and Custom fields. Can I use change set to deploy it another sandbox?

Thanks,
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
yes ,, you can able to deploy it but before deploying it you need to enable the Platform Encryption and Field Audit Trail  in target org and your profile need to have "Manage Encryption Fields " permission  and "
Retain Field History" permission 
Chie MenChie Men
Hi Raj, 
Could not find  "Manage Encyption Fields". Instead I found "Manage Encryption Keys". Do I need to enable it even though I'm not the one managing the Keys?

Thanks as always! 
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
TYpo mistake .. Manage Encryption Keys is correct .. 

No need to .. 
Chie MenChie Men
Hi, Raj.
I created a change set but when I tried to add a component, I could not find a component type that, I think, is suited for the fields that I included in the Platform Encryption and in the Set History tracking page.

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Those setting will be under type Settings metadata type .if not able to find it try to enable it manually
Altaf Ahmed 7Altaf Ahmed 7
You cannot deploy platform encrypted fields using change set, you need to deploy using ant migration tool