function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Hunter AllspaughHunter Allspaugh 

Process to update Billing Country also updates Billing City

While trying to implement a process with Process Builder to automatically fix mispellings or incorrect values of country names, I came across this behavior and I dont really understand it.

The field in question is BillingCountry.  To test this, I just wanted to work with one specific value, so I started with converting UNITED STATES to USA.  I created the process to make this change automatically when the record is edited, and immediately noticed that both BillingCountry and BillingCity get set to USA.  If I change the BillingCity back to the city it will stay correct, but if I set the BillingCountry back to UNITED STATES to trigger the process again, the BillingCity goes right back to USA.  The only action that is defined in the process is the update to "Map Country" which is the [Account].BillingCountry.

Is this a bug, or is there a better way to go about this?
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
I dnt think so it a bug .. do you have any trigger to update this .. ?

Can you please check debug logs ??
Hunter AllspaughHunter Allspaugh
Oh thanks for this suggestion!  I didn't realize that you could just open the Dev console and automatically see any triggered processes.

It turns out there was an existing Workflow that I wasn't aware of.  It was making this change on Billing City for some reason.  Deactivating this rule fixed the issue.