function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sana240sana240 

Time Trigger Query

AND( 
OR ( 
(OwnerId = '0050K000008w8dA'), 
(OwnerId = '00528000003hxZN')), 
EndDate = Today()    
)

Hi All,

I have created a time trigger workflow to notify campaign owners (few listed users) once the campaign is ended after 1 days and final notification after 3 days.
- This is the workflow condition :
- created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet criteria 
-Workflow formula :
AND( 
OR ( 
(OwnerId = '0050K000008w8dA'), 
(OwnerId = '00528000003hxZN')), 
EndDate = Today()    
)

- Then created time trigger: 1 - Days - After - Campaign: EndDate 
- One more time trigger created for 3 days final notification.
- Then Workflow Action - New Email Alert - Added the template and selected  Owner in the Recipient Type.

I created a test campaign with End date today and checked the time-based workflow under Monitor and when I search with the workflow name it's showing up the Scheduled notification time. 

My concern is : 
-Will the existing campaign trigger if the end date reaches today, without a campaign being edited? If no, can you please suggest?
-There is a time lag between countries, how will the notification go time zone is different?

Thanks for your Help!!

Best Answer chosen by sana240
Waqar Hussain SFWaqar Hussain SF
Hi Sana,

1) Will the existing campaign trigger if the end date reaches today, without a campaign being edited? If no, can you please suggest?
No, for the existing records you will have to fullfill the rule criteria, so that the timebased workflow is triggered. 
See How to retroactively trigger workflow on already existing records?
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=How-to-retroactively-trigger-workflow-on-already-existing-records&type=1&language=en_US

2) There is a time lag between countries, how will the notification go time zone is different?
According to Salesforce documentation
Salesforce evaluates time-based workflow on the organization’s time zone, not the user’s. Users in different time zones might see differences in behavior.

Thanks

All Answers

Hi Sana,

1) Will the existing campaign trigger if the end date reaches today, without a campaign being edited? If no, can you please suggest?
No, for the existing records you will have to fullfill the rule criteria, so that the timebased workflow is triggered. 
See How to retroactively trigger workflow on already existing records?
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=How-to-retroactively-trigger-workflow-on-already-existing-records&type=1&language=en_US

2) There is a time lag between countries, how will the notification go time zone is different?
According to Salesforce documentation
Salesforce evaluates time-based workflow on the organization’s time zone, not the user’s. Users in different time zones might see differences in behavior.

Thanks
This was selected as the best answer
sana240sana240
Perfect Waqar!! it worked I updated all the records through data loader and it time triggered!!
Great Sana.
Nice to hear from you again.