function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aishwarya Bhat 1Aishwarya Bhat 1 

Community User not receiving welcome email or reset password email

Hello All,

I am trying to create a community user, i went through the folowing steps:
1. Created an account.
2. Created a contact
3. On the contact detail page, clicked on 'Manage external user' and created a user.

The issue is that when the external user is created, that external user is not receiving the welcome email or the reset password email. 
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Check for below points.

In community administration --> Email, Checkbox "Send welcome email" must be true. 
Email deliverability should be turned on to "All Email".
User's email should be correct and valid email address. Usually, User's email is not valid in sandbox after refresh.
Community is activated.

Alos refer below link.

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/216828/users-not-receiving-community-send-welcome-email-when-added-to-a-community

Please mark it as solved if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Best Regards
Sandhya

Aishwarya Bhat 1Aishwarya Bhat 1
Hi Sandhya,

Actually for the user I changed the email address.. and then it is working.. but for a specific email it is not working..
after creating  a user it is showing me message as 'The new password link will be sent to the given email id' but no such email is received..

SFDC 1904SFDC 1904
Hi,
How did you resolve this issue? I am facing same issue. 
Claudia Bello PuntoClaudia Bello Punto
Any updates on this issue? I have only one user in my community facing this problem. the email is right and I have every setting mentioned above in place. I tried inactivating her, removing her from the account and nothing. I can enable the account as a partner and login to the community as her. The issue is the email is associated with a university and we would like her to use that email an not a personal one. Help Help Help!
Jimmy Maher 3Jimmy Maher 3
I get reports of this problem all the time. Have reported to SFDC support. They cannot reproduce. We have to workaround it by manually sending password reset emails.
Nikolay MitjulNikolay Mitjul
Greetings people. 
If above comments didn`t help you, most probably you use Custom Lightning Component for self registration.
The LC should contain such line of code - " String userId = Site.createPortalUser(u, accountId, password); ". So, this is old version which supports API until V.0.35 if I`m not mistaken and does not have extra Argument. To fix it, try to find it and change this line of code to - " String userId = Site.createExternalUser(u, accountId, password, true);"  The last "True" argument responses for Welcome email of new user.

Have a good day.
SrinivasaRao LatchuSrinivasaRao Latchu
Just activate the Customer Portal. Administration > Settings > Status ... make it activate. 
Rick RoseRick Rose
I was experiencing the same issue and resolved it by changing the sending email:
  • Setup > Digital Experience > All Sites > Workspace
  • Go to administration > Emails
  • Change the "Sender Email Address"
it seems the default email was on blacklists and could not successfully deliver emails.