function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chie MenChie Men 

Contact phone and fax fields are not auto populated with the Account

Hi.  Based on this link, https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000004637&type=1
Phone and Fax numbers will also be auto populated. But when I created a Contact and associate it with an Account having an address, phone and fax numbers, the Contact's phone and fax numbers are not auto populated. Any thoughts?

Thank you.
Best Answer chosen by Chie Men
Ravi Dutt SharmaRavi Dutt Sharma
Hi Chie,

For the auto-population to work, you need to create the contact from related list of the Account. 
If you are creating contact from the Contact list view, and then you are assoicating the Account by yourself, then the field wont be auto-populated.

Please mark this as the best answer if it resolves your issue. Thanks

All Answers

Ravi Dutt SharmaRavi Dutt Sharma
Hi Chie,

For the auto-population to work, you need to create the contact from related list of the Account. 
If you are creating contact from the Contact list view, and then you are assoicating the Account by yourself, then the field wont be auto-populated.

Please mark this as the best answer if it resolves your issue. Thanks
This was selected as the best answer
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Chie,

May I request you please confirm if you are facing this issue in Salesforce Classic or Lightning?

When a contact is created from the Contacts related list on an account, the contact’s mailing address isn’t populated with the account’s billing address.

This is a limitation in lightning experience. Check out the statement in the release notes. 
I did try it out in my dev org and it doesn't seem to be fixed in the current ongoing Winter '17 release as well. There is no mention if this issue has been fixed in Winter '17 or not in the Winter'17 release notes.

Please vote up this idea and a known issue. Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Chie MenChie Men
Hi, Nagendra.

I'm using Salesforce Classic
Chie MenChie Men
Hi, Ravi Dutt Sharma.

I created the Contact and then associated it with an Account. Only the address fields  were auto-populated that's why I posted this question.
These fields - Address, Phone, and Fax were all auto populated when I created it via the Contact related list.
Thanks!

Sandeep K 49Sandeep K 49
I have tested the functionaliy  have created Contacts and assigned it to the Accounts and all the details were populated completely and  even when the contact is created from the Accounts related list the information is completed without any omitttion .