function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Derrick GlahnDerrick Glahn 

Tableau - Salesforce Extract

Hello,

I have attempted to create an extract of my Opportunities and Contacts in Tableau.  After connecting to my Salesforce environment on Tableau Desktop, I drag Opportunities and Contacts into the data source.  

The extract begins once I select Sheet 1 and will load for about 10 minutes and then give me an error stating "Tableau failed to create an extract.  This data source requires an extract before you can start your analysis.  Click Edit Data Source, and then click the sheet tab to create the required extract.  Click continue to proceed without creating the required extract"

"Internet communication error: Failure when receiving fdata from the peer (domain.my.salesforce.com)"

Has anyone else experienced this error?

Thanks!

Derrick

Thomas Kennedy 9Thomas Kennedy 9
Derrick,

Have you tried extracting Opportunity first and once it completes then extract Contact?

Thomas
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the quick response and suggestion.  I have attempted both Opportunities and Contact individually.  Both extracts give me the same error stating there was an "Internet communication error: Failure when receiving fdata from the peer (domain.my.salesforce.com)".

Derrick
You’re welcome Derrick…unfortunately I don’t have a great deal of knowledge of Tableau but have you tried extracting something other than your Salesforce values to Tableau?
Derrick...I was able to succesfully extract Campaign into my Tableau. Once on Tableau under the "To a Server" I selected More... and signed into Salesforces. From there under the "Standard Connection" I just drag over Campaigns and within 2 minutes the extraction was complete. I don't know if this will help or not but I hope it does.

Thomas
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your suggestions.  Still having the same result and contacted Tableau to see if it's something on their end.

Thank you!
jurgen jurgenjurgen jurgen
Want to play this game well, then I think the help of boosting service should be indispensable. Regarding outriders game, I think players can consider buying at https://cakeboost.com/ . Recently, their website has a good discount campaign, and their products are of excellent quality, reasonable price, fast delivery, and 100% secure.