function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Abdul Basit CHBAbdul Basit CHB 

How to remove convert option from lead status path ?

I have written my own custom lead conversion by adding separate button and its working fine, but from lead status path button it is still working as default. I want to remove this "convert" option from the lead status path. Please suggest me to resolve the issue.
Akansha RangariAkansha Rangari
Hii,
If your are trying to remove the "Convert" button in Lead Object you can try this.
Go to the setup -> Object Manager -> Lead Object 
Then click the page layout of Lead Object and select 'Lead Layout' you can do the same for your custome created layout as well.
You can see Lead Details section in page layout in that just drag 'Convert' button to the pallete given above and click to quick save.

If you want to add that button again in future just go to the page layout in pallete you can see button option just click on it and drag the 'convert' button back to the Lead Details.

Hi Akansha,

I am not asking to hide layout button, but the button attached with "Lead Status Field" path. Lead Status Feild Path

Okay,
Go to Lead Object -> Fields and Relationship 
Find your 'Lead status' field there will be your picklist values which are showing in your status path.
Click Deactivate on those options which you want to.
It is standard field so can't delete it but can be deactivated.
Refresh your page and check it out.
Hope it'll work.
Thanks but it is not allowing to deactivate "Converted" option, saying at least one value assigned to be as converted.
Hey Abdul,
I tried. Lead is a standard object and Lead status is also a standard field which is required too. So can't deactivate it and not remove required and field accessibility also. The only thing you can do is Visualforce pages.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Create a custome picklist field and create path based on the custom picklist .. 

user workflow to map the values from the custom field to standard status field .. 

Caramie B. McCollumCaramie B. McCollum
@abdul We opted to leave the Status path on Lead as-is, but I created a validation rule that will not allow users to manually change the status to this value. The rules looks like this:

(ISNEW() ||
ISCHANGED(Status)) &&
ISPICKVAL(Status, "Converted") &&
IsConverted = FALSE

This stops the unwanted behavior without any custom build.