function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tejas BodheTejas Bodhe 

Set value to field using process builder

Hi All,

I want to set a value of one field to another field before the record gets inserted using process builder.
Both the fields are on the same object and both are currency fields.

Can I do that using a process builder?

Thanks
Best Answer chosen by Tejas Bodhe
Bhargavi TunuguntlaBhargavi Tunuguntla
Hi

New process builder -> give name of process builder,process atrts when record changes.

Add an object -> select object (Account - in our case).If the field update is only to be done when record is created select the correspoding checkbox else the other.

Give Evaluation criteria below -> you may check whether the field which is used to update is null or not .If not null then we can perform the action.

Immediate Actions -> Select +Add Action -> In Action type give Update Records ->give the Action name -> In Record type Select 'Select the Account record that started your process' checkbox and give the field name that need to be updated ,In type give as 'Reference' then select the field from where we need to fetch and provide value.
Please chekc this.

Hope this Helps.
Thanks
Bhargavi.

All Answers

Hi 

You can perfectly make the field update using process builder before th record gets inserted.

Thanks
Bhargavi.
Tejas BodheTejas Bodhe
Hi Bhargavi,

Thanks for the reply.

I want to set a value of 'field A' to 'field B' only if 'field A' is not null.

Can you please explain the process in detail if possible?

This is the first time I am using a process builder.

Thanks
Hi

New process builder -> give name of process builder,process atrts when record changes.

Add an object -> select object (Account - in our case).If the field update is only to be done when record is created select the correspoding checkbox else the other.

Give Evaluation criteria below -> you may check whether the field which is used to update is null or not .If not null then we can perform the action.

Immediate Actions -> Select +Add Action -> In Action type give Update Records ->give the Action name -> In Record type Select 'Select the Account record that started your process' checkbox and give the field name that need to be updated ,In type give as 'Reference' then select the field from where we need to fetch and provide value.
Please chekc this.

Hope this Helps.
Thanks
Bhargavi.

This was selected as the best answer
Tejas BodheTejas Bodhe
Hi Bhargavi,

Thanks for the detail explanation. 

Instead of 'field reference' I use 'Type' as 'formula' and it worked.

Thanks a lot.