function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brandon Nelson 9Brandon Nelson 9 

Multi Select Lookup Fields on Custom Objects

I have looked everywhere and I can't find a good answer. I have some custom objects with standard lookup fields on them. The users are wanting those lookup fields to be able to select multiple records in the object they are looking up to. I know the functionality is there, because you can do this on the user lookup object, but not in the custom objects. 

Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can create a lookup field that will allow the user to select multiple records from the object that lookup field is looking up to?
Madhukar_HeptarcMadhukar_Heptarc
Hi Brandon Nelson,

I think their is  one option is their in Standard Object to override the lookup. we have to create List view for that lookup field using visual force page and we can add to that button.
                                 you want it in programetic or administration only?
Brandon Nelson 9Brandon Nelson 9
The functionality is there on a standard object but I’m building a custom object.  It will need to be done programmatically in order to select multiple records from one lookup field.
S_RathS_Rath
Hi Brandon,

I think it's not possible with a single lookup field for that you need to create multiple lookup fields for it.

It's an idea, for now please check the link below -->>
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000KQyHAAW

You can do it programmatically by using plugins such as select2 etc.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks
MonaliNagpureMonaliNagpure
I think you have to override your edit page with vf page which will have some events, on basis of this you can store the lookup data in diff field which can be text area. Every time we select record from lookup should be dumped in to the text field. In this way you can implement Multi Select Lookup Fields on Custom Objects.

Thanks.