function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brenda Buckner 9Brenda Buckner 9 

Importing relationship of person accounts to households

I'm tasked with the data migration from Sales Cloud to Financial Services Cloud, in which we are also switching to the Person Accounts data model. I've imported Person Accounts and created Households, and now I need to relate the person accounts to the households. I tried importing as a AccountContactRelation, but when I assigned the Person Account ID and Household ID to the appropriate fields (ContactID and AccountID, respectively), I get an error that the PersonAccountID is the not the correct type for the ContactID. There doesn't appear to be another object that will accept the PersonAccountID and AccountID while maintaining the roles (primary, secondary/spouse, children, employees, etc) and designating an account as the primary member. HELP!!
Anthony SkinnerAnthony Skinner
Brenda, would love to hear how you did this! I am in the same boat currently.
Hi Anthony,
It ended up needing to be the PersonContactID that is on the account object. It's essentially the SF contact version of the same record/person account. Person accounts will have 2 IDs--the Account ID and the PersonContactID. So anything you traditionally would plug in for a Contact ID (like the Contact ID on Account Contact Relationship object or the Who ID on Tasks) you need to use the PersonContactID on the Account object (for person accounts). 
Hi Anthony, I ended up needing the PersonContactID from the Account object for person accounts. Essentially since person accounts act as a hybrid of accounts and contacts, anything that would traditionally reference the Contact ID—like the Contact ID for Account-Contact Relationships object or the Who ID on Tasks—needs to use the PersonContactID from Accounts (when person accounts are enabled). The PersonContactID is essentially the contact ID version of the same record (if you plug in either the Account ID or the PersonContact ID for a person account record, you’ll get the same exact record). Goal-Oriented, Servant Leaders with a Warrior Spirit. Confidentiality Notice: This email transmission and its attachments, if any, are confidential and intended only for the use of particular persons and entities. They may also be work product and/or protected by the attorney-client privilege or other privileges. Delivery to someone other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed to waive any privilege. Review, distribution, storage, transmittal or other use of the email and any attachment by an unintended recipient is expressly prohibited. If you are not the named addressee (or its agent) or this email has been addressed to you in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply email and permanently delete the email and its attachments.
Anthony SkinnerAnthony Skinner

Brenda,

Thank you so much for your help! That worked like a charm.

For anyone else that comes along and finds this, what you need to do is:

• Open Data Loader (or whatever you are using)
  • Export from Account
    • ID 
    • PERSONCONTACTID
    • (I had a 3rd key as well)
  • Pair the appropriate ID (HH) with PersonContactID (Person Account)
    • I had to use the 3rd key to make this happen in Excel with a couple of vlookups
  • Open Data Loader again
  • Click insert
  • Check “Show all SF Objects”
  • Select “Account Contact Relationship”
  • Add the file
  • Mapping
    • PersonContact ID -> ContactID
    • SF HH ID -> Account ID
    • Ok & Finish
This also works for mapping other accounts to Person Accounts (i.e. businesses).

Thanks again, Brenda! 
Anthony