function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Akshay BelureAkshay Belure 

what is the difference between developer edition and trial salesforce account?

I have created triel salesforce account.stil do I need to sign up for developer edition?
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Akshay,

I trust you are doing very well.

Developer edition provides access to the Lightning Platform and APIs. It lets developers extend Salesforce, integrate with other applications, and develop new tools and applications. Developer Edition also provides access to many of the features available in Enterprise Edition.
Salesforce doesn’t provide technical support for Developer Edition. But you can ask for help from developer community message boards.

The free version is almost same as paid but there are some features which are not available in free edition because those features need to be activated from salesforce end by raising a case. A trial edition is a way for you to try out the Salesforce platform offering free for 30 days. You need to purchase a license after 30 days.

Always use developer edition for learning purpose and for the trailhead. It will always remain with you and give you more flexibility to work on compare to professional edition.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in future.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Akshay Belure,

Developer edition provides access to the Lightning Platform and APIs. It let developers extend Salesforce, integrate with other applications, and develop new tools and applications. Developer Edition also provides access to many of the features available in Enterprise Edition.

The free version is almost the same as paid but there are some features which are not available in the free edition.

Always use developer edition for learning and for the trailhead. It will always remain with you and give you more flexibility to work on compared to professional edition.

For more details for comparison go to this link:- https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=overview_edition.htm&type=5

Please mark this as Best Answer if you find this solution helpful.

Thank You
Ajay Dubedi
Gary RalstonGary Ralston
Hi Akshay,

A Salesforce Developer Edition account is a free, full-featured version of Salesforce that is intended for developers to build and test custom applications. This edition provides access to most of the Salesforce platform features, including Apex and Visualforce, allowing developers to build and test their applications without incurring charges.
On the other hand, A Salesforce Trial account is a time-limited version of the platform intended for users to explore and evaluate the Salesforce platform before committing to a paid subscription. The trial account is usually limited in terms of features, storage, and time, and is intended for users who want to try out the platform before buying it.

For a comprehensive understanding of Salesforce platform, visit at https://arrify.com/is-salesforce-suitable-for-small-business/, This article gives a full overview of the Salesforce services, pricing and other details. Also explain its suitability for businesses of various sizes, from small to large.