function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Prema -Prema - 

What does abort really mean in batch class? If I abort the batch class then why doesn't it gets invoked again? How to restart that batch again? And also how to check the Async limit?

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Please refer this 

What does abort really mean in batch class?
  • Batch Apex is used to run large jobs (think thousands or millions of records!) that would exceed normal processing limits. Using Batch Apex, you can process records asynchronously in batches (hence the name, “Batch Apex”) to stay within platform limits. If you have a lot of records to process, for example, data cleansing or archiving, Batch Apex is probably your best solution.
If I abort the batch class then why doesn't it gets invoked again?
  •          ​Its not invoked automatically but you can restart ..
UpdateContactAddresses uca = new UpdateContactAddresses(); 
Id batchId = Database.executeBatch(uca);

How to restart that batch again?

Like below

UpdateContactAddresses uca = new UpdateContactAddresses(); 
Id batchId = Database.executeBatch(uca);

And also how to check the Async limit?

To query information about your submitted job, perform a SOQL query on AsyncApexJob by filtering on the job ID that the System.enqueueJob method returns.

AsyncApexJob jobInfo = [SELECT Status, NumberOfErrors FROM AsyncApexJob WHERE Id = :jobID];

Refer this link 

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/asynchronous_apex/units/async_apex_monitoring

Prema -Prema -
Thanks for your reply but it's not the simple batch. It's managed package batch and whenever I try to execute then it gives me error. I did some RnD and i found that we need to attach the namespace along with it but still I am getting an error saying Type not Visible, unfortunately I cannot edit it.. Is there any other way?