function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sarah john 4sarah john 4 

Talend - IOException: com.sforce.sw.ConnectionException: Failed to get next element

I have been using Talend for about two years to load data into Salesforce from files and have not had an issue. All of a sudden, over the weekend it has stopped working with about 20 of my standard loads (to different orgs).

Initially I got this error

"Exception in component tSalesforceOutputBulkExec_1_tSalesforceBulkExec (CustomerLoadSourcesNoEmail) org.talend.components.api.exception.ComponentException: UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION"

I tried to just re-connect with a basic connection element and got this

"IOException: com.sforce.sw.ConnectionException: Failed to get next element"
I have been using Talend for about two years to load data into Salesforce from files and have not had an issue. All of a sudden, over the weekend it has stopped working with about 20 of my standard loads (to different orgs).

Initially I got this error

"Exception in component tSalesforceOutputBulkExec_1_tSalesforceBulkExec (CustomerLoadSourcesNoEmail) org.talend.components.api.exception.ComponentException: UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION"

I tried to just re-connect with a basic connection element and got this

"IOException: com.sforce.sw.ConnectionException: Failed to get next element"

I assumed the issue was Talend or Java update so I have tried everything from rolling back java, reinstalling from scratch to installing on another fresh computer.

Current setup is:

Windows 10
Talend 7.01.20180411_1414
jdk1.8.0_171
So I am starting to get the feeling it might actually to do with a Salesforce release and not Talend or Java problem.

I noticed this old article with the same error https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008yx5IAA

Anyone seeing anything like this recently?
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sarah,

Sorry for this issue you are facing.

May I suggest you please refer to below link from the stack exchange community exactly with a similar discussion which might help you further with the above issue. Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra 
Vaishnavi TripathiVaishnavi Tripathi
Try to check the URL. It might be the reason of your problem here .
The Endpoint URL needs to be https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/39.0 due to recent changes in salesforce.