function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Neelam BasakNeelam Basak 

How to give Read/Write Permission Sets for a formula field to a Standard User Profile?

Hi,

I gave permissions to the formula field "Send to Legal" through Permission sets and assign it to the user (Standard Platform User profile). Whenever I clicked on the formula fields it throws an error. 

Error

Permission Sets for Read/Write

Screenshot of Permission Set Read/Write

Assigned to the Standard Platform User

Permission Set Assignment

Are there any other permissions I have to give? Rest other formula fields are working fine for me except Send to Legal.

Thanks,
Neelam
Best Answer chosen by Neelam Basak
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Neelam,

I trust you are doing very well.

Please check the sharing settings. The Profile and Permission Set only control what objects a user has access to.  It is the Sharing Settings and the Role Hierarchy that determine which records a user has access to.

The user doesn't have access to the record, check users OWD/Role/Profile/Sharing Rules, if the person has access to the record.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas

All Answers

Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Neelam,

I trust you are doing very well.

Please check the sharing settings. The Profile and Permission Set only control what objects a user has access to.  It is the Sharing Settings and the Role Hierarchy that determine which records a user has access to.

The user doesn't have access to the record, check users OWD/Role/Profile/Sharing Rules, if the person has access to the record.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
This was selected as the best answer
Neelam BasakNeelam Basak
Thank You. It worked.