function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lee BeardshawLee Beardshaw 

Can I create my own Icons for use in Salesforce and assign them using a formula field based on a picklist value?

I have created two icons which I'd like to use in Salesforce based on the value selected in a picklist... Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to do this?

I have seen some formula fields which use Salesforce fields (I'm asuming text formula) and work something like this...

LEAD( ISPICKVAL(Enquiry_Type__c) , 
"Business", IMAGE( "/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01550000000N4NG", "Green"),
"Personal", IMAGE( "/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01550000000N4NY", "Yellow"),
 "")

The first thing I need to do is get the formula working which I can' seem to do. The picklist is called Enquiry_Type__c and has the options Business and Personal. I'm happy to show the two images detailed above (or even Salesforce images for the time-being).

Onmce I have the formula field working, I'm assuming I can upload my images to Salesforce and reference them instead?
GulshanRajGulshanRaj
Please refer this post:
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000007604&type=1

And use this formula:

CASE(Enquiry_Type__c ,
"Business", IMAGE( "/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01550000000N4NG", "Green"),
"Personal", IMAGE( "/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01550000000N4NY", "Yellow"),
 "")

Thanks
Gulshan Raj