function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JimmydnetJimmydnet 

HELP: Salesforce for volunteers personal site body not showing

I have been racking my brain trying to get this one page to work.

I am using the latest version of Volunteers for Salesforce and am trying to get the Volunteer Portal to work correctly. I have been following the instructions located here. 

https://powerofus.force.com/servlet/fileField?retURL=%2Farticles%2FResource%2FVolunteers-for-Salesforce-Setup-and-Configuration-Guide&entityId=ka0800000000O2hAAE&field=File__Body__s

I have been able to get all the components to work individually but when I try to pull up the Personal Portal page the body isn't populating.
GW_Volunteers__PersonalSiteTemplate

The links are all populating correctly but I am seeing the Force.com logo on the top with some of them. On the contact info page, the style is messed up.

My gut tells me that its a configuration option that I left out but am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. 

Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Greetings to you!

You can check a few things which you might have missed.

Style the Personal Site Contact Lookup Page with CSS:

The Personal Site Contact Lookup page uses a cascading style sheet (CSS). V4S provides the VolunteersPersonalSiteCSS.css file as a Document in Salesforce. Customize the CSS with your own CSS styles so that the V4S part of the webpage matches the rest of your website’s look and feel.
Follow the instructions provided for styling the Volunteer Signup page (https://powerofus.force.com/servlet/fileField?retURL=%2Farticles%2FResource%2FVolunteers-for-Salesforce-Setup-and-Configuration-Guide&entityId=ka0800000000O2hAAE&field=File__Body__s#page=41&zoom=100,0,414), making sure that you edit the VolunteersPersonalSiteCSS.css file. You can use CSS to style the font and the size of the form (.cssContactLookupPanel).
You can change the text of the title and body of the form by editing these custom labels (https://powerofus.force.com/servlet/fileField?retURL=%2Farticles%2FResource%2FVolunteers-for-Salesforce-Setup-and-Configuration-Guide&entityId=ka0800000000O2hAAE&field=File__Body__s#page=71&zoom=100,0,465):
• labelContactInfoLookupTitle
• labelContactLookupInstructions

Customize the Overall Styling of the Volunteers Personal Site Pages:

A Site Template controls the overall page styling, header, navigation, and footer for Personal Site pages. V4S provides a Visualforce page that serves as the default Site Template. Make a copy of it and customize the styling of the page components.

1. From Setup, enter Visualforce Pages in the Quick Find box, then select Visualforce Pages.
2. In the list of pages, click PersonalSiteTemplate.
3. Click Preview to open the page in a new window and see the default styling.
4. Because you can’t edit a Visualforce page that’s part of a Salesforce managed package, make a copy of the template.
     a. Back on the page detail, select all the Visualforce Markup and copy it to your clipboard.
     b. Go back to the Visualforce Pages list, and click New.
     c. Give it a label such as MyPersonalSiteTemplate.
     d. Review the name that it automatically assigns.
     e. Select and delete all the placeholder Visualforce Markup, then paste your copied markup.
     f. Edit any page or object references in the markup to include the GW_Volunteers__ namespace (see details below).
     g. Save your changes.
5. Edit your copy of the Site Template. Some things to note:
     • Be careful to preserve the jQuery, jQueryUI and Boostrap Javascript libraries that the template loads, and that other Sites pages also rely on.
     • When referring to any page or object within the V4S managed package, always include the GW_Volunteers__ namespace. For example, change the page reference, Page.PersonalSiteJobListing, to Page.GW_Volunteers__PersonalSiteJobListing. Similarly, change the label reference, Label.labelPersonalSiteJobListingTitle, to Label.GW_Volunteers__labelPersonalSiteJobListingTitle.
     • The tag is used to include VolunteersPersonalSiteCSS.css for all the pages to use.
     • The tag indicates the area where content from the Personal Site Visualforce pages is inserted

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas​
Salesforce Admin 1926Salesforce Admin 1926
Hello, 
I am trying to edit the personal site layout and the other pages that come in the V4S package. I am unable to edit the CSS document. Could you please guide me on how to edit that document? Thanks
Salesforce Admin 1926Salesforce Admin 1926
@Khan Anas

Hello, 
I am trying to edit the personal site layout and the other pages that come in the V4S package. I am unable to edit the CSS document. Could you please guide me on how to edit that document? Thanks