function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ankit Arora 29Ankit Arora 29 

custom fields merge into one field

I have a created a custom object. I want the user to type the Salutation, FirstName, and LastName and after saving, it shows up the entire name in one Name field as it happens in Standard Contact Object. I have created a formula field to merge FirstName and LastName into a "Name" field and it's displaying me the full name in one Name field. My main concern that it should work like the same way it work in contact object like before saving we get an option to type Salutation, FirstName, and LastName but after saving, it shows me only one field. I want my entire name should show up at the top of the record page not only my first name. I also tried compact layout to show up my entire name at the top but it didn't work as I am working in Salesforce Classic. Please let me know how to do it. Thank you so much.
Jothi SaminathanJothi Saminathan
Hi

We can Merge fields(Salutation, FirstName, LastName) and display it in a formula field(Name), but we cant hide those fields like the Contact object, all the 4 fields will be in the Detail page.

Unfortunately, Its not possible in Standard page 

So you will have to explore the VF option if you wish to implement this.

Refer the link below:
             https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000009BhNIAU

Thanks,
Jothi & Jega
Sweet Potato Tec