function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chad RitchieChad Ritchie 

Merge Fields Not Working In Text Formula

Hey guys,

I've created this formula, which will go in an email template and basically serve as the whole email. Unfortunately, the formula just keeps bringing back the field name, and not the value of the field. There's a small piece of my formula below, what I'd like is for the name of the Sales Professional to come in, but unfortunately every time I send myself an email, using this formula, the only thing that comes back is the name of the field, not the person. Any idea why this might be happening? (And I've tried to put the field in brackets, and a number of other formats, but still no luck. Thanks!!!

IF(AND(ISBLANK( Prospect_First_Name__c ),ISPICKVAL(StageName,'Proposal Sent')),"Dear SalesProfessional__r.Full_Name__c , I wanted to follow-up and make sure you received and reviewed our proposal.
Best Answer chosen by Chad Ritchie
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
try like below

IF(AND(ISBLANK( {!Opportunity.Prospect_First_Name__c} ),ISPICKVAL({!Opportunity.StageName},'Proposal Sent')),"Dear {!Opportunity.SalesProfessional__r.Full_Name__c }, I wanted to follow-up and make sure you received and reviewed our proposal.

All Answers

Alain CabonAlain Cabon
IF(AND(ISBLANK( Prospect_First_Name__c ),ISPICKVAL(StageName,'Proposal Sent')),"Dear " + SalesProfessional__r.Full_Name__c + ", I wanted to follow-up and make sure you received and reviewed our proposal.
Chad RitchieChad Ritchie
Thank you so much! Works great!
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
try like below

IF(AND(ISBLANK( {!Opportunity.Prospect_First_Name__c} ),ISPICKVAL({!Opportunity.StageName},'Proposal Sent')),"Dear {!Opportunity.SalesProfessional__r.Full_Name__c }, I wanted to follow-up and make sure you received and reviewed our proposal.

This was selected as the best answer
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Use merge sytax 
Chad RitchieChad Ritchie
How would this work if I wanted to merge in a picklist field, let's imagine this is the same formula as I provided, but SalesProfessional is actually a picklist field with values "yes","no", and "idk", so what would a formula look like uf I wanted to pull back the value of that picklist field? Thanks