function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Darpesh RupareliyaDarpesh Rupareliya 

Unable to create/update fields: ContactId. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.

HI ,

I am getting the below Error when trying to upsert a User record linked to a Contact:

Unable to create/update fields: ContactId. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.

I am able to push the User for the first time when it gets created but when any other field is modified and the record is getting updated it gives the above error even when I am not updating/modifying "ContactId" field.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Darpesh

Ashish Arun WaghmareAshish Arun Waghmare
Hi Darpesh,

The ContactId field is populated only when the user record is created.

When you update the user record, is there any other component (trigger, Workflow,Process Builder, etc ) which is updating the ContactId field.

The contact Id is getting updated autommatically seems to be problem here. 

Hope this helps !!!
girish p 6girish p 6
I was trying to push data into the salesforce( basic authenticaton)  using talend open studio . can anyone help/guide. I am getting same below error:
failed to release the resource in tSalesforceOutput_1 :Unable to create/update fields: IsDeleted. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.

Exception in component tSalesforceOutput_1 (etljob)
java.io.IOException: Unable to create/update fields: IsDeleted. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.

at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceWriter.handleReject(SalesforceWriter.java:532)
    at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceWriter.doInsert(SalesforceWriter.java:353)
    at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceWriter.insert(SalesforceWriter.java:328)
    at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceWriter.write(SalesforceWriter.java:185)
    at redis.etljob_0_1.etljob.tDBInput_1Process(etljob.java:7000)
    at redis.etljob_0_1.etljob.runJobInTOS(etljob.java:7475)