function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andrew Aldis 15Andrew Aldis 15 

replace the phone number/email/address with icons for SFDC lightning

We have a custom lightning  component that we plan to use with Mobile.  We were hoping to replace the phone number, email, and address with icons that would still open maintain the ability to call open emails and open the map just like the text version can.  Is there a way to pull that off?
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately, this is not possible as of now.

There is an active idea on the Success community for which you can upvote so that it gets available in the mere future.

You can find the idea at the below link. Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra

Todd Halfpenny MCTodd Halfpenny MC
I believe this is could be do-able, through the use of CSS and it's media queries.
You should be able to write a CSS media query to pick up when viewing at a smal screen size and then replace with an icon using the 'content' attribute.
Although I've not got a working example for you, I think this route of thinking should work for you.
Andrew Aldis 15Andrew Aldis 15
I don't think my question is clear.  Basically I have acompletely custom lighting component, that I am using to replace the contact page for mobile only using a standard action override.  Normally  on a standard record page in mobile you can call a phone number by either tapping on the actuall phone number or by or by clicking on a phone icon that appears at the bottom of the page with the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions.  I am looking for a way to either access the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Action for calling emailing and mapping on a completely custom component or recreating that functionality using code. We have some very picky designers who will appsolutely die if a user has to push on the actual phone number or email address rather that a icon.