function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sharmila SahooSharmila Sahoo 

Record type selection screen is not coming if I am clicking on New button on related list.

Record type selection screen is not coming if I am clicking on New button on related list. But it is coming if I am creating new record from available tab.

We have one sample request object and its child object(sample product). When I am clicking on new button(sample product) on related list of sample request, it is directly going to default record type and record type selection screen is not coming.
User-added image
But if I am directly creating sample product record from tab, record type selection screen is coming.
User-added image
Please help . I am not able to understand why record type selection option is not  available while creating records from related list.

syeda syedasyeda syeda
Hi Sharmila,

If you go to the button settings. There is an option called "Skip record type selection screen" then you have to uncheck that option if you want to see the record type selection screen when click on that "Sample Product" button.

If it would be helpful to you please mark it as solved.

Thanks,
Saidaiah Surisetti 
Sharmila SahooSharmila Sahoo
Yes, we have 5 record types and I have access to all record types.I got the solution.Actually two button were there with the same name "New". Custom "New" button was available on page layout so I was not getting record type selection screen. When I replaced custom "New" button with standard New button, then I was able to get record type selection screen.