function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dan Kurtz 13Dan Kurtz 13 

Customer Community Plus user can't view Contacts

We are migrating from a Partner Portal to a Community, and from legacy Gold Partner (GP) licenses to Customer Community Plus (CCP) licenses. User X is a CCP user attached to an Account with a bunch of other GP users.

When X logs into the Community, she can see the Contacts she is supposed to see in the list view, but when she clicks on any Contact, she gets an "Insufficient Privileges" error.

I loaded up one of the Contacts she is supposed to be able to access, and clicked Sharing -> Expand List. I verified that User X appears in the list of users who have access to the Contact. That is because User X is in a Group with the owner of the Contact, and a sharing rule was created that shares Contacts owned by anyone in the group with the rest of the group. Note that the owner of the Contact is a GP User.

External Sharing is enabled. Default Internal/External access on Contacts is set to Private. "Grant Access to Hierarchies" is also checked.

So: the Sharing list says that the Contact is visible to the user, but User X still gets Insufficient Privileges. The GP users see Contacts just fine, regardless of whether they are logged into the Community or the Portal. This might be related to this issue: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p300000008YZgAAM but that issue is marked as Fixed, meaning that if permissions are correctly set up (as I believe they are in my case), the User should see Contacts just fine, so I'm stuck.

Thanks for your help.
Rajendra GoliRajendra Goli
Did you find a solution for this yet?
Dan Kurtz 13Dan Kurtz 13
We did complete our migration, so we did figure out this issue somehow, but I don't remember the details. It may have been either a) a permission issue with one of the Visualforce pages or Apex classes needed to display this Contact, or b) when we migrated all users to CCP, the problem went away because all the users were on the same license. Good luck!