function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nina GonzalezNina Gonzalez 

Enterprise WSDL

I understand that the Enterprise WSDL is strongly typed to our specific configuration. And I understand that changes to SF would require generating a new WSDL. What type of changes would require a new WSDL? I want to assume that only changes that are specific to the integration would require a new WSDL, but can't find any info to support that assumption in any of the online documentation.

I also understand that Enterprise is easier to work with than Partner. Would be interested in hearing opinions about that.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Nina,

1. The Enterprise WSDL is strongly typed.

2. The Enterprise WSDL is tied (bound) to a specific configuration of Salesforce (ie. a specific organization's Salesforce configuration).

3. The Enterprise WSDL changes if modifications (e.g custom fields or custom objects) are made to an organization's Salesforce configuration.
For the reasons outlined above, the Enterprise WSDL is intended primarily for Customers.

It's not that a new enterprise WSDL is required only with respect to changes in integration, it can include any change in the metadata of the specific org.If there are any changes in the metadata then you need to generate the new enterprise WSDL and start working on it.

Note: The Third point above will confirm the same.

For more information enterprise WSDL please refer to below link.
Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra