function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andrew GAndrew G 

salesforce APP / Community License / API calls

Potentially silly question.

We have purchased Community Licenses and intend to have/offer our customers to use the Salesforce App to access our community page. (As well as being browser based).
With Community License there is an API limit.
The question would be "Does the Salesforce App interactions count against the API limits for the Community License?"

LIttle background - our company was considering constructing a custom App using RESTful API to interacts, and these I know would count.  Just curious if the Salesforce App operated in the same manner.

Regards
Andrew
Best Answer chosen by Andrew G
Andrew GAndrew G
To close the question, I reached out to a RL friend and asked the question.  

He was of the considered opionion that the API count is not incrmented by the Salesforce App, and that any API calls I was seeing was most likely caused by custom code related to the objects being accessed via the App and community portal.

Regards
Andrew

All Answers

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
API Calls per Day (by Org) --- >>200 per member (member-based license)

refer this link and check for API limits

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=users_license_types_communities.htm&type=5
Andrew GAndrew G
I have read that page previously and it doesn't answer the question:

"Does the Salesforce App interactions count against the API limits for the Community License?"

Regards
Andrew
Andrew GAndrew G
To close the question, I reached out to a RL friend and asked the question.  

He was of the considered opionion that the API count is not incrmented by the Salesforce App, and that any API calls I was seeing was most likely caused by custom code related to the objects being accessed via the App and community portal.

Regards
Andrew
This was selected as the best answer