function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Admin User 8648Admin User 8648 

Nested SOQL for FSL Objects

I am trying to Pull up List of Service Appointments related to accounts however unable to get result as I keep geeting error .

Here is what I have Tried :-

A) SELECT ID , Name, (SELECT FSL__Service_Appointment__r.AppointmentNumber, FSL__Service_Appointment__r.SchedStartTime FROM FSL__Service_Appointment__r WHERE Status = 'Scheduled'  ORDER BY SchedStartTime ) FROM Account GROUP BY ID

B) SELECT ID , Name, (SELECT AppointmentNumber, SchedStartTime FROM ServiceAppointment WHERE Status = 'Scheduled'  ORDER BY SchedStartTime ) FROM Account GROUP BY ID

Both throws an Error Unable to Undertand the relationship. 
Shivdeep KumarShivdeep Kumar
Hi,
Did you check below notes?
Note: ServiceAppointment
Represents an appointment to complete field service work for a customer. This object is available in API version 38.0 and later.

Please edit your class and change the version to 38.0

If yes, then try below code:

SELECT ID , Name, (SELECT FSL__ServiceAppointment__r.AppointmentNumber, FSL__ServiceAppointment__r.SchedStartTime FROM FSL__ServiceAppointments__r WHERE Status = 'Scheduled'  ORDER BY SchedStartTime ) FROM Account GROUP BY ID

Please let me know if this help!

Thanks
Shivdeep
I am using a SOQL in Workbench with api version of 43. Used ABove SOQL but it still throws an Error :-

INVALID_TYPE: 
FSL__ServiceAppointment__r.SchedStartTime FROM FSL__ServiceAppointments__r WHERE
^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:120
Didn't understand relationship 'FSL__ServiceAppointments__r' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
Andrew GAndrew G
SELECT ID , Name, (SELECT ServiceAppointment.AppointmentNumber, ServiceAppointment.SchedStartTime FROM ServiceAppointments WHERE Status = 'Scheduled'  ORDER BY SchedStartTime ) FROM Account
will give a result (note - no 'group by' plus other changes)

SELECT ID , Name, (SELECT ServiceAppointment.AppointmentNumber, ServiceAppointment.SchedStartTime FROM ServiceAppointments WHERE Status = 'Scheduled'  ORDER BY SchedStartTime ) FROM Account GROUP BY ID
will give an error - MALFORMED_QUERY: Grouped query cannot use child relationships in the SELECT list

SELECT ID , Name, (SELECT ServiceAppointment.AppointmentNumber, ServiceAppointment.SchedStartTime FROM ServiceAppointments WHERE Status = 'Scheduled'  ORDER BY SchedStartTime ) FROM Account ORDER BY Account.Name
will give a result, but will list all accounts with or without service appointments. 

SELECT AppointmentNumber, SchedStartTime, Work_Order__r.Account.Name  FROM ServiceAppointment WHERE Status = 'Scheduled'  ORDER BY SchedStartTime
Will give the account name for the account via the work order record for all the Service Appointments that meet criteria

HTH
Regards
Andrew

Hi @andrew,

ut this does not solve my problem. My Actual requiremet is List of SA Created with Parent as Accounts , Grouped by Accounts , to find for one account how many SA were created. 
Andrew GAndrew G
Hi
Tried a few options but none seemed to work.  I checked the error regarding Group By and children and found this nugget:
You can't use child relationship expressions that use the __r syntax in a query that uses a GROUP BY clause. 
ref: 
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.soql_sosl.meta/soql_sosl/sforce_api_calls_soql_select_group_by_considerations.htm

If using a straight list as per option 3 or 4 in my previous, the only other option of which I can think would be to do the dirty data thing and have a computed field in the Service Appointment that inherits(computed) from the Account Record the account.Name.  Then do a Group By using that field and only query the Service Appointment table.

Regards
Andrew