function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
fred flores 20fred flores 20 

Trialhead Exercise for Flow designer does not work

Based on the exercice:
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/projects/flow_calculate/steps/flow_calculate_find

Within a dev org I have clicked on add a " New Flow". The screen is blank. All I can see if "Unsaved flow" with no activities available?

I will be looking for input to be able to finish the exercise.
Thanks Fred Flores

Best Answer chosen by fred flores 20
Micah BledsoeMicah Bledsoe
I had the same problem not too long ago and it was an adobe flash update that did the trick. I had a prompt under "Unsaved Flow" however that told me an update would be required and not a blank screen. Let me know if this helps.

All Answers

Micah BledsoeMicah Bledsoe
I had the same problem not too long ago and it was an adobe flash update that did the trick. I had a prompt under "Unsaved Flow" however that told me an update would be required and not a blank screen. Let me know if this helps.
This was selected as the best answer
fred flores 20fred flores 20
Micah, good caught. The problem is actually Motzilla firefox. If using this browser no error is found just blank screen. When retested using Chrome the error is displayed as you indicated. You must enable or download Adobe Flash Player version 10.2.0 or later to use this feature. So once I tested with this update now it works. Perfect! thanks for your help.

Fred
Alexandre Bardese 9Alexandre Bardese 9
Hi Guys. I´m using Firefox and I had the same problem. The answer is very simple. Firefox has a protection against "riskier" flash operations. You should just disable this "safety valve". See the picture. Now it is working fine for me.User-added image
User-added image
John CaliriJohn Caliri
I had the same issue with Firefox as well.  What worked for me was closing Firefox when I installed Flash player.  Eventhough everything looked to install correctly when the broswer was open, even after restarting the browser, it did not work until after a reinstall with the browser completely closed.
Rich FiekowskyRich Fiekowsky
In my case, with Chrome on Ubuntu Linux 16.04, the full error message displayed, along with a link to download Flash. In fact, Flash was already on the system, and the "Ask First" option already was selected in Chrome Settings/ Advanced/ Content/ Flash, and "[*].salesforce.com" already was listed in the "allow" list.
When i clicked the download link, there was a download popup, and another popup asking whether to permit Flash to run. I X'ed to close the download popup, and then allowed Flash to run; and everything worked normally from that point.
On my system, similar behavior occurs in Chrome on other Flash sites.   
Kathryn KetmanKathryn Ketman
After trying all the advice I could find about browser settings (I'm in Firefox on Windows 10) what finally worked for me was to open the Flash Player Settings Manager and Delete All Browsing Data and Settings on the Advanced tab. Presto, instant fix! Flash Settings