function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michal RentschlerMichal Rentschler 

Activate a field in page layout

I'm working with adding fields and then getting them into my compact layout. I've set up Account Name and Account Owner the same way as Lookup Relationship and Text fields.  However the challenge only picks up that one of them is not showing in my Compact Layout.  When I look at the page layouts, you'll see that both the Account Name and Account Owner fields are grayed out.  Does this have anything to do with it?  Or is that another issue altogether?

User-added image
User-added image

User-added image
Sukanya BanekarSukanya Banekar
Hi Michael,

It seems those fields are already present on the layout check where are they dragged, if you click on grayed out field it will show you where is it been dragged?. Also check the user profile if those fields has got access or not to view. 

Let me know if this helps you to solve your problem.

Thanks,
Sukanya
Amol Salve 14Amol Salve 14
Hello Michal,

please check field level security...I think your profile  has not  access to that field.

Thank you,
Amol Salve
Salesforce Developer
Mustafa JhabuawalaMustafa Jhabuawala
Michal,

As per my knowledge, Account Owner is the standard field and by default it is visible to all profiles.

Ref this screen shot -

User-added image

The screen shot you shared seems to be of page layout, you need to go to compact layout. Ref this - 

User-added image

One more thing - Accont Owner is already included in the System Default compact layout, if you are creating new one then in that case Account Onwer will be there. Check the below screen shot - 

User-added image

You can also clone the System Default compact layout.

Let me know if you find this helpful.

Thanks,
Mustafa Jhabuawala
Technical Lead at Zen4orce (http://www.zen4orce.com)