function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WTM InfoWTM Info 

Create Flow and Process to automatically link Email-to-case Cases with Person Accounts

We need to create a Flow and Process to automatically link Email-to-case Cases with Person Accounts (populate the Account Name field in the Case with the same Person Account that is connected via the sender's email address). I have found beautiful instructions to do what I am wanting at this post https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000MGXTIA4, BUT as I am just a System Admin I need more detail in the instructions! 

The broad instructions from that post are:
1. Create the flow.
2. In the flow, create an input variable for the case id, phone, and email from the web form.
3. Create a Record Create element and create the Contact record (use the Phone and Email input variables)
4. Create a variable to assign the Record Create element's Id result.
5. Create a Record Update element.  Use the Case Id input variable for the field assignment.
6. Use the variable stored in Step 4. for the ContactId field on the Case record.
7. Save and Activate the flow.
8. Update your process to call the flow instead of performing the related object logic directly in the process.
9. Save the new process version / Activate the new Process version.
Best Answer chosen by WTM Info
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

May I suggest you please check with below link from Jenwlee's blog with step by step instructions and detailed explanation for the above requirement. Please let us know if this helps.

Mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Nagendra

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

May I suggest you please check with below link from Jenwlee's blog with step by step instructions and detailed explanation for the above requirement. Please let us know if this helps.

Mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Nagendra
This was selected as the best answer
WTM InfoWTM Info
Great and elegant solution Nagendra, thanks!