function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sandhya santhanagopalansandhya santhanagopalan 

Salesforce platform user licence-unable to open developer console

I have set up an organistaion in salesforce with (available limit)2 users for salesforce licence as system admins and 2 users for salesforce-platform licence for an application development with lightning components.
My issue is 2 users with salesforce platform licence does not have permissions to create objects and dont have developer console option or option for development mode.Please help me resolve this issue.What user licence have developer console and development mode enabled?Do we need to purchase additional salesforce licences?
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sandhya,
  • Please check Author Apex permission under system permission for the profile.
  • By default, Standard profile users do not have the "View All" and "Author Apex" perms and so, they do not have access to Developer Console. However, when a System admin logs in as Standard profile user(via Login As functionality), can access the developer console.
Please refer the below link for reference. Hope it will be helpful.

Please mark it as best answer if the information helpful.

Thanks
Rahul

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sandhya,

You can do by enabling Author Apex permission under system permission for the profile so that users will be able to see the developer console.

To use the Developer Console at all, you need the View All Data permission.

To run queries, you need to have the API Enabled permission.

To modify classes and triggers or run the anonymous code, you need to have Modify All Data, and View Setup and Configuration.

To change Visualforce pages, components, Lightning, etc, you need the Customize Application permission.

Please let us know if it's resolved so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering a similar issue.

Thanks,
Nagendra
sandhya santhanagopalansandhya santhanagopalan
i m not able to give the access.pl refer the following error screen shotUser-added image.