function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Praneetha MurakondaPraneetha Murakonda 

How to restrict user from creating record from standatrd NewContract button in Account RelatedList?

Hi All,
I have some custom button on Account from where i'm creating Contract records. But there is contract related list on Account with New Contract standard button. On click of the button its redirecting user to select record type and then it opens contract edit page where user can enter value and save the record. But,I need to restrict users from creating contract records for specific recordtype. 

Please let me know the possible ways of restricting user from being creating contract record for specific record type.

Thanks,

HARSHIL U PARIKHHARSHIL U PARIKH
There is a very nice solution for this.
Try to follow the following images,

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

This way users won't have an access to create a Contract record from Account's page layout since there is no "New" button on Contract related list.
You can do this for all page layouts if you want. I mean if Account has multiple page layouts.

Hope this helps!

HARSHIL U PARIKHHARSHIL U PARIKH
Hi Praneetha,

if above answer solves your question then please mark it as best answer since it will also help other people as a solution if they runs in to similar situation.
Appreciated!!
Praneetha MurakondaPraneetha Murakonda

Hi Harshil,

Thanks for your reply. Our requirement is like user should be able to see New button on related list and able to create contract record by selecting recordtype. For example we have some X,Y,Z recordtypes. We need to restrict some specific users not to select Z record type. We need to show some message or like some pop up or some thing else if we can to notify them like this user does not have permission to create contract record with Z record type. But our concern is its standard layout. Let us know if there is any way to customize it.

Please find example image. The same for contract
User-added image

Thanks,

Praneetha