function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kpatelkpatel 

In the Data Modeling challenge, "creating relationship to the offer object"

In the Data Modeling challenge, "creating relationship to the offer object", I am getting this error: "On the Offer object, add a Master-Detail relationship to the Property object named Property". I and stuck and need a suggestion on what to do.  
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Hi kpatel,

I hope you created Property and Offer object in below module.
1) https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/data_modeling/units/objects_intro

User-added image

User-added image

So in this module you just need to create a master datail relation ship on Offer object .

1) On the Offer object, add a Master-Detail relationship to the Property object named Property
2) On the Offer object, add a Lookup relationship to the Contact object named Contact

Let us know if this will help you

Barbara GermershausenBarbara Germershausen
Hi Amit,
i run into the same problem - because in all the exercised i followed before there was no Offer created (some of them i followed the German exercised and the Objects are named differently - so for the Challenge i had to search for the Objects, which have been created in the english one :( ) 
... and i only can find the Properties, but no description for the definition for Offer
thx for your screenshot - it helped alot :)

thx
Barbara
Tim ConroyTim Conroy
In "Understand Custom & Standard Objects (TH), What I found is that the custom Tab Object "Offer" is the Parent object.  After I created the "Offer" custom object, you must select and be in the "Offer" parent-object from the drop-down list. Otherwise the fields you create will be in different object or table. Once you select and open the "parent object - Offer - I can create child objects easily and it succeeds.  I made the mistake of not selecting the "Offer" Tab on the dropdown list on the Home page when trying to create custom fields and kept getting errors similar to the ones above. 
Jason Lintner 9Jason Lintner 9
Perhaps I am missing something, but there is not a challange to create a an Offer Object in previous lessons... ?  
Harjot Singh 40Harjot Singh 40
@Amit Chaudhary 8 . I was stuck at the same module because i was trying this to attempt on new playground. Thank You for the Answer Sir.
Suraj Tripathi 47Suraj Tripathi 47
Hi Kpatel,

You have to create two custom objects Offer and Property.
Go to setup->Object Manager->Create->custom Object
after this -:
 Now on the Offer object add a Master-Detail relationship to the Property object.
 and on the Offer object add a Lookup relationship to the Contact object.

If you find your Solution then mark this as the best answer. 

Thank you!

Regards 
Suraj Tripathi