function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sourav PSourav P 

How to resolve the error "Permission edit self service users depends on : edit contacts"

Hi,
I am getting the mentioned error, while trying to edit some custom objects for a profile. As i checked it needs to have the permission " edit self service users" But i couldnt find that particular permission, and also it happened to me suddenly from yesterday, If any body has idea how to resolve it? Thnx
Best Answer chosen by Sourav P
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sourav,

When you get a mismatch of permissions on a Profile, you have to switch back to the old Profile Editor -- which lets you make multiple changes to a "Save".  Use Setup > Customize > User Interface, then uncheck the 'enable Enhanced Profile Editor'.  After you've made the needed Profile changes, re-enable the Enhanced Editor.

Thanks,
Nagendra

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sourav,

When you get a mismatch of permissions on a Profile, you have to switch back to the old Profile Editor -- which lets you make multiple changes to a "Save".  Use Setup > Customize > User Interface, then uncheck the 'enable Enhanced Profile Editor'.  After you've made the needed Profile changes, re-enable the Enhanced Editor.

Thanks,
Nagendra
This was selected as the best answer
Sourav PSourav P
Thanks Nagendra, Worked.
Daniela RichterDaniela Richter
The option to dis-/enable 'Enhanced Profile Editor' has moved to 'Manage User Settings' with Spring '18 release.
rcravenrcraven
The option is now under Setup > Manage Users > User Management Settings, and is now called, "Enhanced Profile User Interface"
Rasika chavanRasika chavan
Hi , 

I am also getting the same error "This user is a portal administrator and must have a profile with the "Edit Self-Service Users" permission " while checking the Knowledge User checkbox  on my profile.
I tried to disable the Enhanced User interface but  no luck.
Is there any another solution?

Thanks