function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sharp BESharp BE 

Hwo to create an infillable table linked to 1 opportunity/record

Hi guys,

Currently i'm looking into the implementation of a fill-in able table that is integrated an linked with 1 opportunity/record page. 
The table will need to be aproximatly the same as the image beneath:

User-added image

- Would it be able to create a VF template where i can link to from my opportunity page (each opportunity has his new VF page)?
- The VF would contain +/- 180 custom fields that need to be filled in on bulk and/or manual.
    - Do I need to create all these 180 custom field in SF? Are there other ways to not overconsume fields?

Could you guys please help me how I should tackle this one?
We need these variables to get a proper view on the incoming workload in our copmany. So reports will be generated on the based of these fields!

Thanks for your help!
Best Answer chosen by Sharp BE
GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Sharp,

If the report contains all the cells as different field / entry, then we need to create all these field. 

It would be better if you let me know following information:
  1. Are these fields are manually entered or calcualted based on another field.
  2. Can any way we can automate data in these fields.
My Analysis:
  1. Putting these field in the above manner is not a big task. 
  2. Creating fields is a manual task, but there are soem tools available which help us to cretae field in a go (bulk)

Let me know the full details so that I could help you in better way, you can contact me on skype: gaurav62990 or Email: gauravgarg.nmims@gmail.com

Thanks,

Gaurav

All Answers

GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Sharp,

If the report contains all the cells as different field / entry, then we need to create all these field. 

It would be better if you let me know following information:
  1. Are these fields are manually entered or calcualted based on another field.
  2. Can any way we can automate data in these fields.
My Analysis:
  1. Putting these field in the above manner is not a big task. 
  2. Creating fields is a manual task, but there are soem tools available which help us to cretae field in a go (bulk)

Let me know the full details so that I could help you in better way, you can contact me on skype: gaurav62990 or Email: gauravgarg.nmims@gmail.com

Thanks,

Gaurav

This was selected as the best answer
Sharp BESharp BE
Hi GauravGarg,

Thanks for your support!

1. All these field will be manual entered 
2. I'll try to load data in by a .csv file

Could you please give a jump start with the coding of the VF page and linking it with a opportunity? 

Thanks!

GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Sharp,

To connect this object with Opportunity, please create a Lookup / Master detail relationship with Opportunity. 

For writing vf page, please follow below link. As per your requirement it seems be to be quite simple, you need to place all the fields one by one. 

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_quick_start_hello_world.htm

Hope this helps. 

THanks,
Gaurav