function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Priyadarshini Manoharan 3Priyadarshini Manoharan 3 

The "chosen" section for multi select picklist field extends well beyond the box. How to increase the width of multi select picklist window?

The "chosen" section for multi select picklist field extends well beyond the box. How to increase the width of multi select picklist window? os that the chosen section is well within the multi select picklist window. This is in Opportunity standard salesforce Page Layout.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Priyadarshini,

You can sometimes override the styles by specifying others with the same name in your page, but this would be very fragile as if Salesforce change their styling it would suddenly break.

When I've needed to style the multi-select picklist, I've created my own Visualforce component to provide this functionality. That way I have full control over all aspects of it.

The Visualforce developer's guide has a great example of a multi-select picklist type element, at the bottom of the following section: Please let us know if this helps.

Mark this as solved if it's resolved so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering a similar issue.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Priyadarshini Manoharan 3Priyadarshini Manoharan 3
Hi Nagendra,

It is one MSP field in Opportunity Standard Layout. I dont think they would allow to create a VF page just for 1 field. Could you please let me know how I can override the styles of Standard salesforce. 
Also this issue is only in Classic Salesforce, in Salesforce lightning it is fine.

Thanks for your response!

Thanks
Priya