function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DixitDixit 

Controlling Access to Fields trailhead Challenge - Help

Hello, I'm doing this challenge in trailead which says I need to create a profile and give some access with permission sets... ok
(you can see all the challenge here: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/es-MX/trails/force_com_dev_beginner/modules/data_security/units/data_security_fields

Well I already did my profile and set the permissions on the object and field as follows: 
User-added image

And of course, removed the read/edit access to the "rating" filed. 

User-added image

Also did the permission set, but my problem is when I click the "Check challenge" button it shows an error saying:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Account' profile did not have the appropriate object and field-level security for the Account object.

I don't know what else to do... honestly. 
I already tried quiting the "create" permission on the object... giving the "read all" permission... re-make the profile 3 times... check the boxes for "show" and "read only" in the field security level > check the challenge > uncheck the boxes > check the challenge.... 

I don't know what is happening.
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hi,
  • Remove from profile access to account Rating field: Read Access and Edit Access:
  • Create a new profile based upon the existing profile: Standard User : Profile name: Account
  • From the new profile Account, click on the link "View" for the Account "Field-Level Security"
  • What are the selected checkboxes for the field "Rating" ? (two columns: Read Access and Edit Access)
User-added image

Regards
Alain
DixitDixit
In the last picture (at the bottom) you can see the checkboxes. But if not visible, they are both unchecked for the rating field in Account object.
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Ok, "valoracion" is the rating field so it is ok (we don't see the headers).

One time, the creation in French by default for me of a developer org was wrong for a picklist which was always in French (bug) and I never could validate a module until I use another org in english by default. I don't see the same bug here but it is again a problem of picklist not in english. The name (nombre de campo) is always "Rating" (spanish or english) but the label is "Rating" in english and "Valoracion" in spanish. There is perhaps in bug in the robot wich uses the label (depends on the language) instead of the name. It's very frustrating because you have probably completed properly the module but you should use another org in english by default.

Best regards