function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
learn_sfdclearn_sfdc 

Update Roll Up Fields from Opportunity Product to Opportunity

Can anyone help me to achieve below scenario

I have a set of Roll Up fields in Opportunity Object (Example - RSF_Bank_APAC_A, RSF_Bank_APAC_B, RSF_BANK_EUR_A, RSF_BANK_EUR_B)
Opportunity Line item(Opportunity Product) has set of fields like ProductFamily(Formula Field)and Currency(Currency Field)
So when ever ProductFamily is RSF_Bank_APAC_A and Currency field is not null in Opportunity Product it has to update RSF_Bank_APAC_A in Opportunity object.

I have tried process builder but i have some where around 25 RollUp Summary field where it doesnt make me sure it works.
Even the workflow Rule is not fine here because i have too many workflows in my org.

Can anyone help me with other ways.

Thanks
Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma
Hi,

I think you want to put filter on Rollup Summary calcualtion based on Opportuntiy Line Item fields. Now as Product Family is a Formula field so it can not be used in Filter. In order to achieve it form Filter of Product Family do below steps:

1. Create a Text field Product Family and populate it from Formula Field, you can achieve it with Workflow Rule, Process Builder 
2. Use the Text field in the Filter criteria for Rollup Summary
3. For existing records you have to run a script or you can use Apex Data Loader to populate this Text field Product Family.

Let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks
Shashikant