function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Doug Rosen 5Doug Rosen 5 

dreamhouse import

I am trying to go through the "Get Started with the Salesforce Platform" trail. In this trail we create the DreamHouse app to use throughout the trail  I have successfully installed the App.  The next step is to "Click the Data Import tab and click Initialize Sample Data".  I have tried this repeatedly over the last couple of days and it will not import.  When I click on "Initialize Sample Data" it just hangs until I shut it down - have let it go for 30 minutes and still just hangs.  No error message or anything else.

Any idea how to get this to initialize so I can get on with seeing this app and moving on in the trail?

Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Doug,
  • Please try to create a new Trailhead Playground.some modules in trailhead require a new developer org completely.
  • I would recommend to clear your browser cache and cookies and try again Or Try on Incognito/Private Mode
Hope it will be helpful.

Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.

Thanks
Rahul Kumar
Steve HawksSteve Hawks
Hello Doug,
What browser are you using?  I was having the same issue with Internet Explorer 11.  I just tried the "Initialize Sample Data" using Chrome and almost immediately received a message that "Successfully imported 18 properties, 8 brokers, and 13 bot commands".

Tony AbediniTony Abedini
I can replicate the issue in Chrome, but it WORKS in Safari.
Krzysztof KwiatekKrzysztof Kwiatek
Hey I have the same but in IE 11 there is no message in Chrome  i have "Something went wrong deleting existing records". Do you know if there is any log that i can look on to get more detail information?
Jennifer Munoz, ERIJennifer Munoz, ERI
I have the same problem in Chrome and IE. 
Kamil WisniewskiKamil Wisniewski
Hey, issue looks like unresolved. After clicking on 'Data Import' tab, there is nothing, no 'Initialize Sample Data' option
Daniel Jorissen 8Daniel Jorissen 8
Using Chrome -- clicking the blue "Initialize Sample Data" button launches a prompt containing error message: "Something went wrong deleting existing records." See attached --User-added imageIs there an Admin monitoring this thread who can report this error and get it fixed?