function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lindsey PalmquistLindsey Palmquist 

edit the edit button

I am trying to add fields in the Edit Opporunity page, however it seems like I can't override.  How do I add Address, phone number and email onto the edit page? 

User-added image

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma
Hi Lindsey,

The screen that you have shared is used to overrrding the native Edit view to custom edit view. But as you only want to add more fields to Edit view that means you only need page layout update.

To Achieve it follow these steps:

1. Go to Setup
2. Search for Opportunities
User-added image
3. Click on the Page Layouts
4. Edit the Page Layout on which you want to add these field, may be you could add these fields to all Page Layouts

If you still not able to see the fields then just update field level security for the fields and give Edit rights to the fields to your profile.

Thanks
Shashikant
THanks, However that isn't what I need.  I need our reps to be able to enter the phone number, email address, etc. from the opportunity page.  Right now, they have to go back into the account section to add the phone number, then it is auto populated into the opportunity page where they can view it.  I need them to be able to edit and add this information to the opportunity page, without having to go to accounts to update it.  The only way they can do that is if the click the "Edit" button on opportunity page...this is the page that I am unable to edit.  
User-added image
This is our current opportunity layout, the phone number, address, email address are on here...the reps cannot modify the field though.  
Ok so you want it reverese to update Account Property from Opportuntiy. For this you have to Do:

1. Create New Phone and Email Address fields on Opportunity if not already exists ( Which should not be Formula Fields )
2. Add these new non Formula Phone, Email fields on Opporutnity Page Layout
3. Create a Process Builder to Update the Account Related to Opportunity when Phone or Email is changed on Opportuntiy

Thanks
Shashikant
No, that isn't what I need either...When I rep clicks "Edit" on the opportunity page, I need to edit that layout.  The first picture is of the layout I need to edit.  When I try "Edit layout" it takes me to the main Opportunity page layout.  Again, that page does not need any updates/revisions.  I want to edit "Opportunity Edit" but I cannot.  

User-added image

User-added image
Again I would tell overrriding Edit Button means you are shifting form Native Layout to Custom View. Like many customers want there on visualforce page to appear on Edit. If you want something like that then you must have a Visualforce Page having Opportuntiy as Standard Controller.