function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alexander Hodes 2Alexander Hodes 2 

Knowledge Object Setup

HI,  I am trying to complete the trail : Enable and Configure Lightning Knowledge

I have reached the following step:
Configure Lightning Knowledge
You can create record types to distinguish types of Knowledge articles and custom fields to store different types of information. Category 1 Biking is starting with a simple FAQ record type, and a single text field to capture the article content.
From Setup, enter Knowledge Object Setup in Quick Find, then select Knowledge Object Setup.

I have an issue in that I can not find 'Knowledge Object Setup'

It simply seems to be totally missing.

I've check both classic and lightening and its in neither (I assume it will be in classic).  I've checked my profile and I have a tick next to 'Knowledge User'.    I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alex

Best Answer chosen by Alexander Hodes 2

Forget all of the above - seemed like Knowledge had not been enabled (dispite selecting it to be enabled).  

Now all works.

All Answers

Semi answered my own question.

On a bit of digging I was able to complete the work by navigating to Build>Customize>Knowledge>Linked Articles>Record Types - still not sure why I am missing Knowledge Object setup.

Forget all of the above - seemed like Knowledge had not been enabled (dispite selecting it to be enabled).  

Now all works.

This was selected as the best answer
TapeshwarKumarTapeshwarKumar
Hello @Alexander 
It's Pretty simple to go at Knowlege Object Setup, Just follow the below instructions
1. User-added image
2. User-added image