function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Santo AnzaldiSanto Anzaldi 

Complex reports with secondary fields

I'm trying to create a report which allows us to verify if a technician who created a case is updating an account or contact field with information... Ideally what I'd like to do is search for cases that have been created and see if the e-mail address field has been updated on the contact and/or account that is associated with said case. 

Incase the description is unclear an example would be...

Incoming call is answered by a technical support agent.
Agent creates a case, associates the case with the name of the person who called in, as well as associating the account that the case belongs to.
Technician is required to update both the account and the contact with an e-mail address

Ideally a report could be run to search cases, and see which cases were created where an account and/or a contact does NOT have information in its e-mail address field.

Is this possible? 

Best Answer chosen by Santo Anzaldi
Harsh Aditya 21Harsh Aditya 21
Hi Santo,

Yes, Possible

Create a standard report on case object. Drag and drop the contact email field in the report builder.
Additionally, you can use summerize report to group by the report with case number or contact email to get the desired view in dashboards.
Please let me know if you need more clearity on this,

Harsh,

All Answers

Harsh Aditya 21Harsh Aditya 21
Hi Santo,

Yes, Possible

Create a standard report on case object. Drag and drop the contact email field in the report builder.
Additionally, you can use summerize report to group by the report with case number or contact email to get the desired view in dashboards.
Please let me know if you need more clearity on this,

Harsh,
This was selected as the best answer
Santo AnzaldiSanto Anzaldi
This was significantly easier than anticipated thank you!