function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Austin VillanuevaAustin Villanueva 

How can I restrict or make private cases to a group?

Hi, 

Right now SF doesn't support a task for a queue or group so what I decided to do is use cases.
so what I'm trying to do is create a public group.
after that, when there is an incoming call I will create a case but I don't want other users to see those cases if they are not a member of the public group that I created. 

How can I achieve it? I tried to use sharing rules for cases. but it doesn't work. The other users can still see the cases. 
What I did is 
case owned by members of Group : {public group name}
share with Group : {public group name}
I also uncheck the Grant Access Using Hierarchies to make sure that only members of this group can see the cases. Also, if I view the members of this rule it only shows the members that is supposed to appear but still the non member can still see it if I go to cases tab and select "All Open Cases"

Can someone help be about this case? or maybe somebody tried something similar to this? 
My target to create a list of call log cases that is private to the group to make an alternative to the task as a call log.

I hope you can help me. Thank you. 

- Austin

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Austin,

May I suggest you please check with below link from the success community which will point you in the right direction. ​​I know this doesn't necessarily solve the problem.But it gets the conversation started.

Thanks,
Nagendra

Austin VillanuevaAustin Villanueva
Nagendra,

Thanks for the link. I think it's better if I post the question to that forum instead of here. 

Sincerely,
Austin