function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Edward QuillEdward Quill 

Help! How to insert Product & Revenue scheduling.

Hello Everyone,
I am having a major problem.  I have no idea how to code and thus starts my issue.  I am trying to activate quantity and Revenue Scheduling for quotes as well as contract.  However, this isn't supported in lightning.  We do not want to pay for a App or hire a consultant.  We need an amount of samples input that have a standard price per sample; an amount of grams (that change price a certain milestones).  
Jake Hebert 22Jake Hebert 22

Hi Edward - I'm not sure Revenue Scheduling is something that is out of the box sales cloud. Pretty sure you need an addon like Salesforce CPQ for that.

If you do have CPQ and that's the Revenue Scheduling you're talking about - what is it that isn't supported in Lightning? 

Jake Hebert 22Jake Hebert 22

Well, look at that!

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_opportunitylineitemschedule.htm

Didn't know that was available in standard SF! Thanks Edward - I learned something!

As far as your options for displaying (assuming that is the piece that doesn't work in lightning), you could either create a VF page or Lightning component on your lightning page that virtually just displays the related list and takes you to the edit screen. Maybe something like this would work:
https://www.mstsolutions.com/technical/custom-related-list-using-visualforce-and-apex/

Afraid if you need a custom UI there isn't much you can do besides develop it yourself, get someone to develop it, or find an app that someone already made.

One sort of hack solution that I've done on unsupported lightning things is to just write the URLs myself into links and buttons. For example, the recycle bin, manual sharing, etc. can be navigated to from lightning if you put the classic URL into a button or link somewhere. It's just going to pop you into the classic experience temporarily. Since I don't have experience with the standard line item schedules I don't really know what might or might not work here.

Hopefully someone with some direct experience on this object can chime in!