function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GarrettzGarrettz 

Enable Multiple SAML Configurations

We are trying to enable the multiple SAML configurations on our sandbox. We had a single configuration enabled and confirmed we were able to authenticate. When we enabled the multiple SAML configurations, we noticed the original configuration broke and we are no longer able to authenticate. Did we miss a step - is there work to reconfigure a configuration after enabling or is there a bug in the multiple SAML configurations feature?
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Garrettz,

May I suggest you please check with below information which will point you in the right direction.

The default Entity Id for all Salesforce instances is https://saml.salesforce.com.  When one has multiple Salesforce instances, their Entity ID remains the same.  PingFederate does not currently allow multiple connections with the same Partner's Entity ID (Connection ID); therefore, after the first SAML 2.0 connection to Salesforce is set up, all subsequent attempts will not succeed.  The My Domain feature from Salesforce is a solution.

Essentially, for each Salesforce instance, when the My Domain feature is activated, then the option to use a custom Entity Id becomes available.

In a nutshell, once logged in with administrative privilege to a Salesforce instance, the My Domain feature can be found at Setup >Administration Setup > Company Profile > My Domain.  Then, to update the Partner's Entity ID for this Salesforce instance, go to Setup > Security Controls > Single Sign-On Settings page.  Click Edit.  For the Entity Id field, select your My Domain value.

Important Note: As of the Spring '12 edition, the My Domain feature, once activated, cannot be turned off or modified.  It also offers many other features.  Before activating My Domain, additional research with the Salesforce support team is recommended before activating this feature.

Once the My Domain feature is activated and the Entity Id is switched to a custom value in Salesforce, then you can create a new SAML 2.0 SP connection to Salesforce using this custom Entity Id as the Partner's Entity ID in the General Info step.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Nagendra